It's Christmas Time! {inexpensive decor inspiration}

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Last weekend we flew out to Arkansas for my sister's wedding. It was a great trip and the wedding day was really beautiful. It was the coolest thing to see our family grow on the wedding day. Bekah did great on all four flights - thank you for your prayers and advice! She became buddies with many a flight attendant and passenger. Late Monday evening, we arrived home after stopping at our favorite place for cheesesteaks. We were tired from a day of travel but it was so good to be back in our cozy apartment. 

The three of us didn't stay put for long, though. On Wednesday morning, we braved the Pennsylvania snow and traveled to visit with both sides of our family. The past few days we've been going back and forth between our family's homes to celebrate Thanksgiving. It's been so good and very restful. Just this afternoon we got settled in at home again. What a good holiday Thanksgiving is.

Now that Christmas is approaching I am feeling so ready to decorate. I have a goal to decorate our apartment for $10, using inexpensive finds and repurposing things we already have. I took some time to make a Christmas decor inspiration board last night. Take a look at the pictures that inspired me:

Strong and Sweet: inexpensive Christmas decor inspiration
1. I love this kind of silly take on falling snow. From what I can tell, it's just cotton balls and string. Maybe I'll need to add glue to hold each puff in place? So simple but very cute! to buy: $1 cotton balls from the dollar tree

2. This tutorial from P.S. I made this has been on my holiday Pinterest board for a long time. I love the way the knotted fabric and ribbon adds texture and color to a plain string of lights. I have two strings of lights and a bunch of fabric and ribbons to use. to buy: I think I'm set for this one!

3. Have you ever made snowflakes from paper or coffee filters? I love these oversized ones leading up the stairs. If you're good at making these, give me some advice... I don't remember too many of my past snowflakes actually looking like snowflakes. ;) to buy: maybe bigger coffee filters... but I think ours will work.

4. My parents have a really fun collection of christmas ornaments. I have a lot of sweet memories, decorating the tree and rediscovering our favorite ornaments each year. These scrabble name ornaments from Etsy are so cute. I linked to the shop where they can be bought. to buy: scrabble tiles... maybe at a thrift store? I'd like to try a more simple version inspired by these pretty ones.

5. This bed looks so cozy!! The fabrics, bright white, and garland are all things that remind me of Christmas. This picture inspires me to add some soft layers to our living room and bedroom.

6. There are so many cute mason jar projects out there, but I love the simple look of a mason jar with a glowing candle inside. to buy: a $1 bag of tea lights from the dollar tree

7. We have a bunch of old books that we got for free from the school library. Some are falling apart so the pages are great for craft projects. This was originally an anthropologie product, but there's a great diy tutorial online to make something similar. to buy: nothing! I'll just be cutting out a whole lot of squares... :)

8. I love the soft look of this paper doily garland. The doilies sort of resemble snowflakes and the garland itself would be easy to make. to buy: a couple packs of paper doilies from the dollar tree for $2 or $3.

Have you been pinning holiday decor inspiration, too? I'd love to see what's inspiring you!

Love,
Bonnie
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 be Sweet Strong is proudly powered by blogger.com